We understand there are many changes that have come along with our new web experience. Don’t worry, almost all of the functionalities from the previous version of Flip are still available in this new experience.
Important: This article addresses only features within Flip that have changed. If you think your problem is an unintended change in experience, contact our support team.
Same features, new places
Here are some of the common features that have experienced changes:
Invite members to your groups
- When you create a group, you no longer have to decide how to share it. Instead, you can set up your group exactly how you want and then share it when you’re ready to invite members to join. To access your group invite settings, just open a group and click “Share”.
Video playback and comments
- Video playback was updated to make a more seamless experience. You can still find a video’s view count and add video or text comments to a video when you open up comments in the video player:
Take action on individual topics, videos, and comments
- Within a group, next to a topic, you can choose from multiple actions to edit or manipulate a topic:
- Within a topic or video, you can take different actions like the ability to activate or hide a video:
With these updates, Flip has removed some features for a better experience:
Bulk update topics and videos
- While you can still take the same actions to individual groups, topics, and videos, it’s no longer possible to select multiple videos and update them all at once.
Other ways to sort and organize your topics
- At the group level, you can still sort your topics. However, you can no longer sort videos within a topic. By default, videos are sorted from most recently posted. We found our users mostly interact with newly created content.
- You can no longer browse all of your topics. To open a topic, you must first open the group for which the topic was created. We’ve made this change to make it easier to browse through topics from a particular group.
Submit your feedback
We would like to know how you feel. To share feedback on our recent updates or changes, please submit your feedback through Flip on web:
- Go to info.flip.com and log in.
- At the top right, click Help>Improve Flip.
- In the text box, enter your feedback.
- From the dropdown, select the a category for your suggestion.
- Click Submit.
Learn more about how to submit feedback.