You can integrate Microsoft Teams and Flip to organize your groups and topics on Teams while increasing engagement through video.
- Share to Teams - Share your groups, topics, or videos from Flip to Microsoft Teams in a single click.
- Create a Flip tab - Your groups, topics, and videos show as a tab in any of your Microsoft Teams channels, placing student discussions alongside fellow class resources.
- Record within the Teams app - Amplify student's voices and strengthen the classroom community by including Flip in your Microsoft Teams courses. Students can watch and record from the Teams app.
To use the Flip integration on Microsoft Teams, you'll need:
- A group or topic in your Flip account: If you haven't already, create your free Flip account at info.flip.com/signup. You can use an existing group or topic or
create a new one.
- Permission from your IT Administrator to use the Flip app on Teams: After you complete the steps below, if you can't find Flip listed, your IT administrator will need to approve and list Flip. Share this article with your IT Administrator: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/education/deploy/configure-admin-settings.
Create or add a Flip tab
- To open your Microsoft Teams account, you can:
- Once open, on the left, click Teams.
- You can:
- Select a channel from an existing team.
- Create a new channel: Click Join or create a team and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To add Flip, at the top left of the channel's window, next to existing tabs, click Add a tab +.
- At the top right, search for "Flip" or scroll to Flip and click the Flip logo.
- Important: Even though you'll find the old Flipgrid logo, Flip's latest version will still integrate.
- Enter the join code of the group or topic you'd like to connect to this channel.
- To find a join code, go to your Flip account and select "Share" for the group or topic you want to connect.
- Join codes for Mixtapes can't be added.
- To add your group or topic as a Flip tab in your channel, click Save.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Contact Support