Flip is dedicated to ensuring all students can be part of the discussion. Read our Accessibility Pledge post!
Here is more information on how Flip strives to be inclusive of everyone:
- Closed Captions - By default, all new Topics have Closed Captions turned on. Educators can edit closed captions and add closed captions to videos without audio within their educator account. Educators can also turn off Closed Captions and all new videos will no longer be processed.
- Immersive Reader - Microsoft's Immersive Reader is built into Flip to help young students. This innovative tool was developed to support individuals with dyslexia and to translate text; consequently the transformative tool is empowering for all. The Immersive Reader helps students with features like reading text out loud, breaking text into syllables and increasing the spacing between lines and letters. Learn more about Immersive Reader.
- Student-Generated Transcripts - Students can include their own transcripts as an attachment link. The final step before submitting their video they can edit their display name, add a Title, and attach a Link. They just need a URL to a document with their transcript (Google Doc, Word Online, or something similar).
- Text with Video - Students participate using video on Flip and they have a number of options to add text to their video submissions. In addition to attaching a text file, students can style their video with text or drawing. Additionally, students can upload a picture of their text transcript as a sticker to place alongside their video.
- Accessibility best practices - We make sure Flip is navigable by keyboard, works with voice-over & screenreader technology, font sizes can be increased, and other best practices for accessibility.
You can find the latest Accessibility Conformance Reports by going here and searching for Flip - https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/industry-blog/government/2018/09/11/accessibility-conformance-reports/
Contact us with any questions or ideas on how we can improve our accessibility!