Flip and Schoology have collaborated to connect their platforms and make it easier for educators to share Flip with their students.
- If Flip is not available in the app store, you can set up this integration to use Flip on Schoology.
- This article is intended for administrators. If you’re an educator, review the steps to set up the integration.
This integration helps:
- Connect Flip topics to Schoology assignments: All videos in those Flip topics will show up in Schoology assignments.
- Students access Flip topics from their Schoology accounts: Students can find Flip videos directly in Schoology.
There are multiple ways to set up this integration. These steps show administrators how to integrate Flip to their Schoology courses and assignments:
Step 1: Prepare to integrate
Important: If you’re an individual educator, you must install the integration yourself.
Create your own Flip account. Learn how to sign up for Flip.
Step 2: Find your consumer key and shared secret
To connect Flip to Schoology, you need a consumer key and shared secret from Flip. Learn how to find your consumer key and shared secret.
Step 3: Add the Flip app to your Schoology Developer Apps
- Sign into Schoology.
- Navigate to the App Center.
- Click My Developer Apps > Add App.
- Select the Flip app and click Edit.
- In the box that shows on screen, include this information:
- Enter an app name for the installation: Type “Flip.”
- Include this description: “Flip is a free app from Microsoft where educators create safe, online groups for students to express their ideas asynchronously in short video, text, and audio messages.”
- Select the category “Other” and choose levels “Pre-k-12.”
- Recommended For: Check the box next to “ Instructors” and “Students.”
- Available For: Select “All Schoology Users.”
- Under the type of app, select LTI 1.1.
- Check the box next to “Launch app in Schoology.”
- Under ”Can be installed for,” check the box next to “Courses."
- Tip: Check all the boxes under this category.
- In Schoology, include your “Consumer Key” and “Shared Secret.” You can copy these from your Flip settings integration.
- From the “Privacy” dropdown:
- To let student names and emails show up in assignment submissions, check the box next to “Send Name and Email/Username of user who launches the tool.”
- Select or include these options:
- Configuration Type: “Manual.”
- Match By: “URL.”
- Domain/URL: https://api.flip.com/lti/schoology_launch.
- Select Save Changes .