As an educator, you can add private comments to a video posted by a student in a topic so that only they can review it.
- Even if your topic is not moderated, you can post private comments as an educator or co-lead.
- Students who post comments on moderated topics, will find specific messaging to let them know that only they can view it along with the educator and co-lead, until the comment is activated. Learn more about how to turn topic moderation on or off.
- Educators can't add threaded private comment replies. If the comment is private, the reply will also be private. If the comment is public, then the reply will also be public.
How to add private comments
- Go to info.flip.com and log in.
- At the left, in your groups home, select a group.
- Select a topic with a video to which you want to add a private comment.
- Under "Responses," open a video.
- At the bottom right of the video player, click Comment .
- To the right of the video, in the comments section, under the "Add a comment" text box, click Public and select Private comment.
- Choose the type of comment to add.
- Text comment: In the "Add a comment" text box, enter your comment.
- Video comment: Under the "Add a comment" text box, click Video comment . Record your video comment.
- . Then, click Send.
Note: Educators of the group can download video comments. Next to the video comment, click More > Download video .
- Open the Flip app.
- Tap on a group with the topic and video where you'd like to add a private comment.
- Tap on a topic.
- Under "Responses," tap on a video.
- At the bottom right, tap Comment .
- To change the comment to "Public" or "Private," tap on the bubble at the top right of the textbox.
- Type your comment and tap Send.
- Co-leads can also add private comments, and find the private comments added by educators. Learn more about how to add and manage co-leads in groups.
- Educators can't add private comments to groups created on Canvas. Learn more about the Canvas features and limitations.