Topic moderation lets you approve videos and comments sent by members before they're active in your topics. Only you, your co-lead, or the member who submitted the video can review it.
Important: When you're ready to activate a video or comment, you can manually approve them.
Turn topic moderation on or off
When you turn on topic moderation, all videos and comments are automatically posted as "Hidden" until you make them active.
- If videos and comments were posted before you turned on "Moderate videos and comments," they continue to show up to members. Learn how to hide a video or comment.
- Even if you turn on "Moderate videos and comments," members will be able to edit their video details or delete their video from their My videos on their profile page.
- Go to admin.flip.com.
- In the top left, click Topics .
- You can either:
- Select a topic and then in the top right, click More > Edit topic .
- Hover to the right of a topic and click Edit topic .
- Note: To create a new moderated topic, in the top right, click +Topic.
- On the top right, click the Settings tab .
- Below "Topic Status," turn Moderate videos and comments on or off.
- Notice the moderation message changes:
- "Moderation is on. Responses and comments will stay hidden until you approve them"
- "Moderation is off. Turn on moderation to approve each response and comment for your topic."
- Click Save changes.
How members know a topic is moderated
When a topic is moderated, your members can find a label in multiple places or get different reminder messages depending on what they do.
- “Moderated topic” label: This label shows up on the topic’s page, above the topic's name. Members can also find it at the top right of the comments section for any video posted in the topic.
- Video message: After a member posts a video, a message says that only leads and co-leads can view the video until leads activate in the topic. The message shows up:
- Before they post the video: In the “Post video” screen.
- After they post the video: When they click “Go to topic.”
- Comment message: After a member tries to post a comment, under their name where they typed the comment, a message says the topic is moderated and the comment has to be activated before it shows up.