Submit to Educator (formerly known as 'Moderate your Topic') lets you review and moderate submitted videos, approve videos and comments sent by students before they're active in your topics. Only you, your co-lead, or the student who submitted the video can review it.
Important: When you're ready to activate a video or comment, you can manually approve them.
Turn topic Submit to Educator on or off
When you turn on Submit to Educator, all videos and comments are automatically posted as "Hidden" until you make them active.
- If videos and comments were posted before you turned on "Submit to Educator" will continue to show up to students. Learn how to hide a video or comment.
- Even if you turn on "Submit to Educator" students will be able to edit their video details or delete their video from their My videos on their profile page.
- Go to info.flip.com and log in.
- At the left, in your groups home, select the group that has the topic you want to edit.
- At the right of the topic, click More > Edit topic.
- Note: To create a new Submit to Educator topic, in the top right, click +Topic.
- On the Details tab , scroll to the bottom, bellow "Topic Media," turn Submit to Educator on or off.
- Note: When you turn on "Submit to Educator" your video responses will show up as "Hidden." Learn more about how to quickly change the status of video responses.
- Notice the Submit to Educator message changes:
- "Submit to Educator is on. Videos are submitted only to the educator for their review and moderation. Once reviewed, educators can activate submitted videos to enable class viewing and commenting."
- "Submit to Educator is off. Turn on for videos to be submitted only to the educator for their review and moderation. Once reviewed, educators can activate submitted videos to enable class viewing and commenting."
- Click Update topic.
How students know a topic is set to Submit to Educator
When a topic is set to Submit to Educator, your students can find a label in multiple places or get different reminder messages depending on what they do.
- “Moderated topic” label: This label shows up on the topic’s page, above the topic's name. Students can also find it at the top right of the comments section for any video posted in the topic.
Video message: After a student posts a video, a message says that only educators and co-leads can view the video until educators activate in the topic. The message shows up:
- Before they post the video: In the “Post video” screen.
- After they post the video: When they click “Go to topic.”
- Comment message: After a student tries to post a comment, under their name where they typed the comment, a message says the topic is moderated and the comment has to be activated before it shows up.