There are a few different reasons why a video might not upload successfully, such as:
- Older version of the web browser or Flip app.
- Reduced performance because of other applications or other tabs in the background.
- Firewall restrictions.
- (Web) Web extension issue.
- (Mobile) Storage limit is reached.
- (Mobile) Slow network speed: You get a message for this error.
Before you try to troubleshoot your issue, make sure you:
- Complete all steps to submit your video
- Sign out of Flip and sign back in
Note: If your video submitted correctly but you have issues with playback, troubleshoot playback issues.
Troubleshoot the upload error
If you aren't able to submit your video and you get an error that it can't be uploaded, try to download the video. After you download it, you're able to import the video into Flip.
Note: Flip on web works best with the Microsoft Edge browser. Download Microsoft Edge.
Video upload tips
- Find out if your system is compatible with Flip.
- Find out your web browser's version and update to the latest version.
- Close any other tabs or applications. Another website or application in the background may cause the issues.
- Make sure there aren’t any browser extensions interfering with your upload. Open an incognito or private browser window. Then, go to your Flip and create and submit another video.
- Open another browser and try to create and submit another video. This helps identify an issue with the browser versus a systemwide issue.
- Restart your device and try again.
If you aren’t able to submit your video and you get an error that it can't be uploaded, try to either submit the video again or download the video. After you download it, you're able to import the video into Flip.
- Open the Flip app.
- In the bottom right, tap your Profile photo bubble .
- In the top right, tap More > Settings .
- Scroll to and tap Clear data > Clear.
Additional fixes for the Flip app
- Restart your device.
- Delete the Flip app and reinstall the latest version.
- For network errors: Turn on Wi-Fi or join a more reliable network.
- For Android devices: Clear your device cache.
Note: If you still have issues with the Flip app, try to record and submit in your web browser on your computer.
If these troubleshooting steps still don't provide a solution and you have any questions, we are here for you. You can contact our Support team here.