If you’re an individual educator, you must install Canvas integration yourself. A system-wide or admin-level installation will cause issues.
Step 1: Check your role within the Canvas course
- Sign in to Canvas and select the integrated course.
- In the left menu, click People.
- On the list, confirm your role is “Teacher.”
Step 2: Make sure you’re signed in to the correct account
Make sure you’re signed in to the same account that you used to generate the consumer key and shared secret. Learn how to find the consumer key and shared secret.
Step 3: Check Flip automatically generated the topic
If your topic wasn't generated for your assignment, you can trigger the process manually.
- Sign into Canvas and select the integrated course.
- In the left menu, click Assignments then edit the assignment connect with Flip.
- To have Flip open in a new tab: Next to “Load This Tool In A New Tab”, check the box and make sure you save any changes.
- In the Canvas course, go back to Home.
- At the right, click Student View.
- Go back to the assignment.
- To get your Flip topic to show up, click Load [Assignment name] in a new window.