Use this article if the Flip camera screen is all black or never leaves the “Loading” screen.
Browser camera tips
- Find out if your system is compatible with Flip.
- Flip must have permission from your browser to access both your camera and microphone. You can check this setting in your browser or in your device’s privacy settings.
- Make sure there aren't any browser extensions interfering with the camera. Open an incognito or private browser window. Then, go to your Flip and open the camera.
- Find out your web browser's version and update to the latest version.
- Open another browser and try to open the Flip camera again. This helps identify an issue with the browser versus the device itself.
- Is Flip embedded into another webpage? If so, go to Flip.com and enter your Join code. Embedded topics can cause Flip camera issues.
Select your microphone and give it access
Flip requires both camera and microphone permissions. If the microphone doesn't work, the camera may not start either. Learn how to give your microphone access.
To select your microphone:
- On your Windows device, open Settings.
- Select System > Sound.
- Under “Input,” click the down arrow and make sure the microphone you want to use is selected.
- If you use a microphone that isn’t the device’s default, and you can’t find it in the drop-down menu, click Manage sound devices. Then, turn on the microphone you want to use.
Update your Windows device's camera
If these steps don't resolve your issue, then you have to update your device's camera. Learn how to update your camera driver.
Important: After you update your driver, make sure to uninstall and reinstall it.
Each PC device may also have specific camera settings to review
If you continue to have issues, submit a support request that includes:
- Your device information.
- Confirmation you reinstalled the camera driver.
If these troubleshooting steps still don't provide a solution and you have any questions, we are here for you. You can contact our Support team here.