You're able to turn on or off several options for student videos in your topic. This can help you set up your topic based on how you want your students to engage with each other’s videos. These options include:
- Attachment links: With this option, students can include a link with their videos that may offer additional context.
- Download and share: With this option, students can download and share their videos.
- Video likes: With this option, students can “like” videos in the topic. The number of likes display on the video for only the educator and response owner. Likes will not show up for all students of the group.
- Display view count: With this option, each video shows how many times it was viewed. A “view” is counted every time someone opens the video or scrolls past it on the Flip app,
Note: The default for each of these Flip topic settings is set to on.
How to turn topic responses on or off
You’re able to turn on or off any topic settings at any time.
Important: You’re only able to change a topic's video response settings with Flip on web.
- Go to info.flip.com and log in.
- At the left, in your groups home, select a group.
- Next to the topic you want to update, select and then Edit topic.
- At the top right, select Settings.
- Under "Responses," choose which settings to turn on or off.
- At the bottom right, click Update topic.