Canvas is our first LTI integration, and we still have much to learn about the technology. To ensure we provide a reliable solution for our lead community, we only enabled the features that we can guarantee when you install the integration.
If you're new to Flip, learn more about how Flip works.
What you can do with the integration:
- Create Canvas assignments that automatically create Flip topics connected, so member responses there show up in SpeedGrader.
- Give members access to those topics from their Canvas accounts, so they don't need to use a password or other login credentials.
On the other hand, we've heard your feedback and we're aware of the following limitations with the integration - we're actively considering them as we discuss how to improve the technology in future.
We have workarounds available for some use-cases in our Canvas LTI FAQs.
What you cannot do with the integration:
- Admin-level or system-wide setup. Individual leads need to install the integration themselves.
- Install the integration with a non-Teacher role in Canvas, such as Course Designer or Administrator.
- Integrate or connect previously created Flip content.
- Split members into smaller groups within the course.
- Copy feedback provided on Flip to Canvas, or vice versa.
- Leave text comments on topic responses (only available on iOS),
To install Canvas integration, follow our setup guide.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Contact Support