If you have trouble after following our installation guide, here are steps to resolve some common issues. If none of them work or apply, you can reset your integration with our uninstallation guide instead.
If none of your students' videos show up in SpeedGrader
Something went wrong with the LTI installation. It's difficult to determine what specifically, so we recommend deleting the integration and starting from scratch. Learn how to uninstall Canvas LTI integration.
If some of your students' videos show up in SpeedGrader
There could be several reasons:
- Topic wasn't added via Canvas assignments: For your Flip topic to be connected to SpeedGrader, you must add this topic via Canvas' assignments tab. When creating a new Canvas assignment, select External Tool as the "Submission Type" and then select Flip as the tool.
- Students didn't use the latest version of the Flip mobile app: Before your students try to record and post their videos, ask them to ensure the Flip mobile app is up-to-date.
- Students accessed Flip via sidebar: Previously, when you added Flip to Canvas, the default setting shows Flip in the course sidebar. Videos won't show in SpeedGrader if students submit them via this navigation sidebar access, so you can remove it from the course sidebar. New integration installations will not have this issue.
- Students switched topics manually: Students' videos may not show up if they switched topics (Canvas assignments) within Flip. To make sure integration works properly, students must enter each new assignment through Canvas.
When Flip is embedded into the Canvas assignment, you may have camera issues or missing buttons. To fix these issues, update your assignment settings to open Flip in a new tab:
- Sign in to Canvas and select the course you want to update.
- At the left, click Assignments
- Select the assignment you want to edit.
- At the left, click Edit assignment settings.
- Under "Submission type," turn on Load this tool in a new tab.
- At the bottom, click Save.
Unfortunately, Safari and Firefox may block the ability to sign in as an educator when one website is embedded into another. You have to go directly to https://admin.flip.com/ to log in, or use another browser to sign in through Canvas. We recommend Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
In Safari or Firefox you don't have to sign in to your educator account to create Canvas assignments with Flip as the external submission type or to review videos via SpeedGrader.
Refer to Students can't join a discussion.
When you click on 'Open' in iOS mobile browser you are redirected to the iOS store, on opening the Flip app you do not see the Topic to record your response.
- Solution 1: Click the 'Record' button, followed by 'Open' in the iOS browser and that will launch the Flip application with the Canvas assignment associated Flip topic and you can now record your response.
- Solution 2: Recommended.
- Go to settings on iOS
- Type Canvas in the search bar, click enter
- Click on Canvas Student
- Switch on - 'Open external tools in Safari'