- In addition to leaving a comment on a video response, leads and members can leave a reply (text or video) to a specific comment.
Add image results from Bing
- When you search within the stickers effect drawer, you'll now see image results from Bing
You asked, we listened! These enhancements were made based on community feedback:
Table view for topic responses (leads only)
- View responses in a table
- A new indicator that denotes videos you haven't watched yet
- Sort response data by date, views, first or last name, and more
Topic Pinning (leads only)
- Leads can now pin topics to the top of their groups
- Comments drawer is open by default
- Videos in topics and MixTapes automatically play from one after another (rather than looping the same video)
Create a topic using 'Topic Copilot'
- Save time using our AI powered Topic Copilot to generate new topic ideas.
Add effects before, during, and after recording
- When you record your video, you’re able to add most effects at any time - before, during or after recording. Express yourself and make your videos more unique and fun with effects!
Flip now available in Spanish
- If your browser or phone is set to Spanish (ES-ES or ES-MX), then you'll automatically find Flip in Spanish.
Make a video with create mode
- Create mode automatically turns off your device's camera and microphone so you can create effects focused video clips.
A simplified web experience
- Access the camera, your videos, and groups from one view – the “Home” screen.
- Leads and members now have the same general experience with some varied functions based on their roles.
Add a lens in the camera for Flip on Web
- You can now add lenses to the videos you create on Flip on web.
- The frame camera effect was removed for both Flip on web and the Flip app.
Search your groups, topics, and videos
- Search is currently only available for the Flip app on your mobile device.
- Leads and members can use the new Flip search to find any content they're connected to.
Flip on mobile for iOS and Android now available in Spanish
- This will be a gradual rollout soon to become available to all users.
- If your phone is set to Spanish (ES-ES or ES-MX), then you'll automatically find Flip in Spanish when you update to the latest version of the Flip app.
Sign up or sign in to Flip with your Apple email
- Leads and members can now sign up or sign in to Flip with an Apple email.
- This option is available on web and mobile for Android and iOS, simply follow the sign up steps on-screen.
Experience the new group feed
- The group feed is an optional view you can choose when you open a group. The feed automatically plays videos most recently posted to a group. As you swipe, you can watch videos in order of newest to oldest.
Quickly edit, review, and post your videos
- After you record or import any clips, you’re able to make basic edits to individual clips before you post them as a multiple-clip video.
- Go back to record more clips without losing any of your existing clips and their edits.
Turn on badges or notification dots on mobile
- If you turn on push notifications, you can turn on sounds and icon badges for iOS or notification dots for Android.
Customize your group's join link
- After you create a new group or for any of your existing groups, you can edit the join code in the link to characters of your choice. There are some guidelines to keep in mind, like character limit.
Experience the new "Record button," landscape mode, and other camera updates
- Access buttons a lot quicker, like the "Record button" and "Audio only."
- On your mobile device, create a video in either portrait or landscape mode.
Set your group type
- When you create a group, you can select from different group types like Classroom and Education, Clubs and Organizations, Friends and Family, and more.
Get messaging for hidden and active content
- When you record and post a video to a group, you get a message letting you know if your video will be hidden or active in a topic right away.
Flipgrid is now Flip
- We've changed our name to Flip. We have a new name and a new look, but we’re still the same product you know and love.
Become a lead, if you're a member
- Some members might be able to update their current member account or create a new lead account that gives them lead capabilities, like group and topic creation.
Get notifications on your activity feed & activate push notifications
- All Flip users have an activity feed that shows notifications when there's activity in any of your groups or topics.
- If you use the Flip app on your mobile device, you can get push notifications for activity in your groups and topics.
Create groups with "Anyone with the link can join"
- Leads can create groups with the link set up as "Anyone with the link can join." That means the group link can be shared so that anyone who clicks it can join. Leads can change this group link setting at any time.
Sign up for students: Use a school email address
- Students on Flip should use their school email address. If they'd like to become a lead, they might be eligible to use a personal email address. To check their eligibility, they must use their school email address and follow these instructions.
Find your videos in your profile
- Leads and members are both now able to find the videos they create, either in response to topics or created independently, in their profiles.
Explore new camera backdrops
- We're constantly improving our Flip camera. Leads and members can explore new camera backdrops.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Contact Support