- Flip is now compatible with Schoology. In addition to the Canvas and Google Classroom integration, district IT leaders now have the ability to add Flip into Schoology.
- Educators can easily invite co-leads to their groups through an email invitation, even if a user is still not a part of their group or Flip.
- Students can post topics when their educator turns on "Students can post topics."
- When educators create a group for "University" and "Adult" groups, "Students can post topics" is turned on by default. Educators can set up topic permissions at the group level at any time.
- Educators asked and Flip listened! On web, educators can now activate, hide, or delete multiple video responses from their topics with one click.
- Quickly search for groups, topics, and videos on mobile. You can also sort your topics and videos within groups and topics on web.
- With this feature, Flip helps you generate topic ideas. Through your keywords, language selection, and student age range, you will get five suggestions which you can easily modify.
- In addition to leaving a comment on a video response, educators and students can leave a reply (text or video) to a specific comment.
- When you search within the stickers effect drawer, you'll now see image results from Bing
You asked, we listened! These enhancements were made based on community feedback:
- Table view for topic responses (educators only)
- View responses in a table
- A new indicator that denotes videos you haven't watched yet
- Sort response data by date, views, first or last name, and more
- Topic Pinning (educators only)
- Educators can now pin topics to the top of their groups
- Comments drawer is open by default
- Videos in topics and MixTapes automatically play from one after another (rather than looping the same video)
- Save time using our AI powered Topic Copilot to generate new topic ideas.
- When you record your video, you’re able to add most effects at any time - before, during or after recording. Express yourself and make your videos more unique and fun with effects!
- If your browser or phone is set to Spanish (ES-ES or ES-MX), then you'll automatically find Flip in Spanish.
- Create mode automatically turns off your device's camera and microphone so you can create effects focused video clips.
- Access the camera, your videos, and groups from one view – the “Home” screen.
- Educators and students now have the same general experience with some varied functions based on their roles.
- You can now add lenses to the videos you create on Flip on web.
- The frame camera effect was removed for both Flip on web and the Flip app.
- Search is currently only available for the Flip app on your mobile device.
- Educators and students can use the new Flip search to find any content they're connected to.
- This will be a gradual rollout soon to become available to all users.
- If your phone is set to Spanish (ES-ES or ES-MX), then you'll automatically find Flip in Spanish when you update to the latest version of the Flip app.
- Educators and students can now sign up or sign in to Flip with an Apple email.
- This option is available on web and mobile for Android and iOS, simply follow the sign up steps on-screen.
- The group feed is an optional view you can choose when you open a group. The feed automatically plays videos most recently posted to a group. As you swipe, you can watch videos in order of newest to oldest.
- After you record or import any clips, you’re able to make basic edits to individual clips before you post them as a multiple-clip video.
- Go back to record more clips without losing any of your existing clips and their edits.
- If you turn on push notifications, you can turn on sounds and icon badges for iOS or notification dots for Android.
- After you create a new group or for any of your existing groups, you can edit the join code in the link to characters of your choice. There are some guidelines to keep in mind, like character limit.
- Access buttons a lot quicker, like the "Record button" and "Audio only."
- On your mobile device, create a video in either portrait or landscape mode.
- When you create a group, you can select from different group types like Classroom and Education, Clubs and Organizations, Friends and Family, and more.
- When you record and post a video to a group, you get a message letting you know if your video will be hidden or active in a topic right away.
- We've changed our name to Flip. We have a new name and a new look, but we’re still the same product you know and love.
- Some students might be able to update their current student account or create a new educator account that gives them educator capabilities, like group and topic creation.
- All Flip users have an activity feed that shows notifications when there's activity in any of your groups or topics.
- If you use the Flip app on your mobile device, you can get push notifications for activity in your groups and topics.
- Educators can create groups with the link set up as "Anyone with the link can join." That means the group link can be shared so that anyone who clicks it can join. Educators can change this group link setting at any time.
- Students on Flip should use their school email address. If they'd like to become an educator, they might be eligible to use a personal email address. To check their eligibility, they must use their school email address and follow these instructions.
- Educators and students are both now able to find the videos they create, either in response to topics or created independently, in their profiles.
- We're constantly improving our Flip camera. Educators and students can explore new camera backdrops.
Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Contact Support