Important: While we transition from Flipgrid to Flip, it may take some time for the name of the app to change in the Canvas app store. Learn about Flip.
If you no longer want to integrate a group with Canvas, you're able to disconnect the group from Canvas any time. Before you disconnect a group from Canvas, make sure you understand what happens to the assignment and group:
- The assignment and the ability to provide feedback through SpeedGrader no longer works for the group.
- You cannot reconnect the Canvas assignment to the group.
- If you continue to use the assignment, Flip creates a new group and topic to connect to the assignment.
- Any videos that were posted previously are still in the group on Flip.
How to disconnect your group
Important: You can only disconnect a group from Canvas on Flip on web. There currently is no way to disconnect with the Flip app.
- Go to admin.flip.com.
- Select the group you want to disconnect from Canvas.
- At the top right, click More > Disconnect from Canvas.
- In the "Disconnect from Canvas" message, click Disconnect.
After you disconnect the group from Canvas, you have to set up a new way for the group's members to join and access the group.
- Make sure you have the recently disconnected group open.
- At the top right, click More > Edit group .
- Scroll and choose which member join method you want to set up. Learn more about how members can join your group.
- Important: If you choose the username join method, you aren't able to change to the Join code or link, or email method. Usernames are most often used for members who don't have emails.
- At the bottom, click Save changes.