FlipAR is now available to any educator that uses Flip! Transform family nights, homework, school events, book reviews, science fairs, student art galleries, language classrooms, the entire school, ANYWHERE by “sticking” student voice EVERYWHERE with FlipAR codes.
What is FlipAR?
AR stands for augmented reality, or the ability to “place” virtual elements in the physical world. With FlipAR, you can “stick” any Flip video wherever you want by printing the video’s QR code and then scanning the QR code with the Flip mobile app.
Here are three ways you can use FlipAR today, including step by step instructions.
Imagine this: families visiting your school wander the hallways filled with your students’ incredible projects. By adding a Flip QR code to each project, guests can hear the stories, processes, and decisions behind each masterpiece.
All your community needs to do is launch the Flip mobile app and tap the QR scanner! If they do not have the Flip app on their phone, they can use their phone’s camera to scan the QR code and view their student’s video in a web browser.
How do you create FlipAR videos?
All you need to do to create a FlipAR experience is download the QR code from any Flip video and place in your learning environment. To do so:
- Go to info.flip.com and log in.
- At the left, in the groups home, select the group > the topic with the video you want.
- At the top right of the video's cover image, click More > Share response .
- At the top right of the "Share video" box, click QR code > Download.
- To view in AR, scan the QR code with the Flip Android or iOS app.
Check out this overview from @themerrillsedu