Flip helps you easily follow the activity in your groups, topics, and videos with notifications. The type of notifications you can receive differ depending on your role within the group and the way you received the notification. There are 3 different ways to get notifications:
- Activity feed: You can find the activity feed on both Flip for web and the Flip app. All activity in your groups and topics are stored here. You aren’t able to change the activity feed or the types of notifications you receive in it.
- Email notifications: You receive an email when a new topic or video is posted, or when someone comments on a video.
- Note: Leads are able to turn email notifications on or off for the group. Learn how to set email notifications.
- Push notifications: You can set up push notifications on your mobile device for the Flip app to notify you when there's activity in your groups. Learn more about push notifications.
Important: All 3 ways to get notifications are separate from each other. For example, if you only want email notifications you must make sure to sign up for email notifications and separately turn off push notifications on your mobile device.
Type of notifications
|User account||Type of notification||When you click the notification|
|Lead and Member||Topics: New video response||Directs the user to the video response|
|Lead and Member||Groups: New topic created in the group||Directs the user to the new topic|
|Lead or Member who posted the video response||New text or video comment to the video response||Directs the lead or member to the text or video comment in the video they posted|
|Lead||New request to join||Directs the lead to the group's members tab to review and approve or deny the request|
|Lead||A person joined your group||Directs you to the group's members tab|
|Member||Request to join approved||Directs the member to the group page|
Added to a group after being pre-approved
|Directs the member to the group page|
Where to find the Activity feed
The Activity feed is available for all roles within a group.
Important: You can't get notifications until you've created or joined a group or topic. Learn more about how to join a group or topic.
- Open the Flip app.
- On the top right, select Notifications .
- Your Activity feed will appear.
How to get email notifications
For every group you’re a member of, you’re able to sign up to get email notifications for that group. You’re also able to choose how often you get sent a notification.
If you're a lead or co-lead for the group, learn how to set up your email notifications.
- Go to any of your groups or topics.
- At the bottom right of the group cover image, click More > Get email notifications .
- In the “Get email notifications” message, select how often you want to receive email notifications.
- At the bottom right of the “Get email notifications” message, click Done.
- Open the Flip app.
- Select the group you want to receive email notifications.
- At the top right, tap More > Get email notifications .
- In the “Get email notifications” message, in the text box, enter your email.
- Select how often you want to receive email notifications.
- At the bottom of the message, tap Follow.